Monday, June 8, 2020

June 8th Mini Update + Weekly update coming later

Heya gang,
Sorry for the delay on things this week. I wanted to get the 2nd Hilda demo out to y'all earlier this week, but I ran into some issues with the UI mapping that took a little while for me to fix. But the good thing is I won't have to worry about this anymore in the future. I also ended up losing a few days of work due to the current state of things. My neighborhood was actually tear gassed by the police and my window was open at the time, which prevented me from working for a while. I'm taking better precautions now, so it shouldn't be as bad if they decide to gas us again, but make sure you are all staying safe out there too. We're living in crazy times.
This month's polls will also be out later. I have all the characters I want for the poll, so those will be up after I manage to get some sleep.
For Hilda, I finished a lot of the boring stuff for the game, like the previously mentioned UI mapping, proper scene transitions, the patron thank you page scroll ( which ended up taking way longer than it should, but I think it looks cool haha), and a lot of fixes to Hilda's animations in general. I still need to implement the music, SFX, and Voices, but I'll be focusing on it to try and get it done within the week, so I can swing by and get some other things done this month. Overall, the project is taking me a lot longer than I wanted, but these growing pains will help future projects go smoother hopefully and should be worth it in the end. 
Depending on how long Hilda takes, I might keep Palutena as just an animation loop. But if I get Hilda done soon, and make good progress on this month's character, and get some good progress on Renapet done, I'll see if I can expand it into a game.
 That's about all for now. Thank you for your patience on things, and make sure to stay safe out there.

3 comments:

  1. Holy shit, are you okay man?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm okay. Things have been up and down here, but I'm making sure to stay safe. Make sure you're staying safe as well!

      Delete
    2. Glad to hear that, and don't worry I will :)

      Delete