Monday, May 18, 2020

May 18th weekly update! Cascade Revolver

Hey gang,

It's been another busy week, but got a few things done this week, so let's get into it.

Working on Renapet more, I have the very fast speed done after tweaking it a bit. All that's left to do is the tail. Once I get that done, it's on to the Climax scenes. I want to try to get those done relatively soon so I can get the update out since it's taken longer than I've wanted. I haven't worked too much on RenaCatch, so I'll be spending this week putting in some work on it.



For the Hilda animation, I've actually decided to try and expand it into an interactive animation. One, to get different more interactive content out to you all, two, to get more game dev experience, and three, to see how viable it would be to convert the monthly animations into interactive animations. I want to make my development cycle better, as I feel like I'm making a lot of small mistakes while making Renapet that's slowing down development. So I figured some small projects could help acomplish that. I figured Hilda would be a good test to see how it pans out. So this week I spent a lot of time making a title, doing the UI, making a small intro comic to explain the scene, and then implementing it into the game. It still needs a little bit of elbow grease, but I have the Slow and Fast anims done and will be working on the climax anim this. I still need to get some music for the game, and I'm gonna see what I can do for voice acting. I'm hoping to get it wrapped up before next week, so I'll keep y'all posted. I'll be including some screen shots below, and will show the intro comic in the weekly showcase. The slow and fast anims will be out for $5 patrons. Also, I'll be including a list of my $10 patrons since April in the game, so let me know if you want your name to be different than your Patreon name. If you told me in the past to change you r name, shoot me another message just in case. Once the game is out, it'll be available for $5 and above patrons for two weeks, and then I'll release it to the public.







Also got quite a bit of work done on the Palutena animation. Mostly laying out the still picture that I'll be animating. Trying to do a bit more with the background this time and make it more interesting. The full thing will be in the Patreon showcase.



I also continued a bit on Booette. In the intro, the Boos will wiz by and that'll be what spooks Luigi, so I started laying that out a bit. Still rough around the edges, but it'll give you an idea of what it'll' be. I'll throw it up on the Patreon show case.

That's about it for this week. I'll be working on the above to try t get everything wrapped up before May ends. I'll keep you all posted on how things are going.

You can support my projects and get some extra goodies by supporting my Patreon.
Thank you for your support as always, stay safe, and have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. how do you come up with those names?
    also, hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just make em up on the spot. It's good practice for naming games and stuff down the line haha
      And hi to you as well! ^-^

      Delete