Tuesday, May 12, 2020

May 12th weekly update! Celestrial Striker

Hey gang,

It's been a busy tough week, but not one without it's fruit, so let's get into things.

First things first, I spent quite a bit working on Renapet. Mostly trying to wrap up the things needed for the next update. I spent some time working more on the anal scene and on Rena Catch. A user over on itch.io asked about how the speeds of the animations were going to be different and if you'd see ripples on her ass on the higher speed settings. I want the speeds to have small changes to make each loop different in a way besides speed, so I spent sometime adding those in as well as doing the very fast anim. I'm still working on it, it's mostly done, so I'll have it done by next week. After that, I'll be working on the climax animations. As for RenaCatch, I did some more coding for it to actually get the game up and running. I ran into a bit of a design problem though, as I realized it could be an issue if there was nothing preventing the player from spamming the catch button in order to get a decent score. So I'm planning to have Rena stumble a bit forward, similar to the animation of a missed grab in a fighting game, when she tries to catch a ball that's not in her range. There will be a very slight delay before she can catch again, so hopefully this will push players to time their catch, rather than just mashing the catch button.

I also spent some time working a bit backwards and redoing the Hilda animation because somewhere between laying out the pose and animating it, I fucked up her anatomy and made her stomach real long. I tried to do a more intricate pose, but I didn't execute it well and made concessions on the anatomy in order to try to improve it's clarity. But I was real unsatisfied with it, so I decided to redo it. It took a bit longer than I wanted it to and threw off my schedule a bit, I'm actually still working on the loop, as I wanted to get it done for this update, but didn't want to delay this week's update any more. But I'm still planning to make it something a bit bigger, so I hope it'll be worth the wait. I'll also include the old loop below



I also spent some time working on the Booette animation. I spent time doing the intro for it and redoing the older parts in the new sprite style. It's still a wip, but It'll give you a gist of how it'll go in the full thing before it fades to the rest of the animation. I'll be including the wip intro and a loop from it in this week's showcase.



Also, it seems like Palutena was the winner for this month's update! I already have that I want to do for the animation laid out, so I'm hoping I'll have some progress shots for you all next week.



That's it for the most part for this week. A lot of things are still in progress as I try to make sure I can get everything I want to wrapped up before the month is over, but I'm having a good pace on things, so I hoping to get everything done. I'll keep you all posted as usual.

As always you can support me on Patreon

Also it seems like a lot of my older posts on here haev trouble loading their images. It shouldn't have been a problem, since I uploaded them manually and didn't use a web page or something. Regardless, I'll see what I can do to fix it later.

Stay safe and have a good week.

2 comments: