Monday, March 2, 2020

March 2nd weekly update! Troubled Shooter

Hey all,
Unfortunately the Renapet demo update won't be done by the end of February, but I'm getting close to wrapping it all up.
 I spent most of the week looking into structuring  Godot projects and making sure I was handling things like UI and scene management right. That way I won't have to go back and fix anything as the game expands. I also realized how rough the backgrounds were looking so I spent some time cleaning those up as well. The home menu background still needs work, but the sex scene background is in a much better state. I also still need to do the secondary animation for Rena on the home menu, and do some animations for Rena's tail in various places as well.
 Coding wise, I have most of the menus done, just need to clean up the animations for them a tad.  I want to get the update out as soon as I can, but I want it to have a decent amount of polish since it still won't have a lot of the core gameplay mechanics in yet. So I'm spending a bit more time on the art and anims for the game. 

For RenaCatch, I still need to do the coding for the game mechanics, but I have everything laid out and that shouldn't take long to implement. The bigger thing is how I'm going to convey things to the player as far as UI goes and update it as the game goes on. I need to have the player know how many balls are left, their current score, and how many perfects catches, good catches, and missed catches they have gotten. As well as convey to the player when they need to press the button to get a perfect catch and UI conveying the type of catch they did beyond Rena's animation. Since the game is very similar to it's inspiration, the ball parry game from Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, I might make a similar UI to that. I'll let you all know when I've settle on a UI look. Then I'll add the music and sounds for the game.  
All in all, I'm going to try and wrap everything up in the next two weeks. If I'm lucky and get enough time, I'll have it done in a week and can get pivot to finishing some of my other animation projects. I'll keep you all in the loop of how things go.
I will be bringing back animation polls for March, so the first week will be for voting while I wrap up the Renapet update. Then I'll work on the voted animation once I'm done. I'll the characters you can vote for up soon.
Thanks for your patience everyone, I'll work hard to get some cool things out to you guys soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment