Monday, February 24, 2020

February 24th weekly update! Blacksmith Dealings

Hey everyone,
Small update for this week. Unfortunately I wasn't able to wrap up anything playable this week, so nothing new to show quite yet. But I was still able to spend time working on things. Most of it was spent working on setting things up for the Renapet update's background code. It's been a while since I've worked on UI and I want it to be controlled via mouse and the keyboard this time around. So I'm aiming to have that done by today or tomorrow.
I also will be adding one more edit to the home menu buttons. Right now I have art for when they're highlighted and un-highlighted. But I'm adding to add another for when it's clicked on. I don't think these will take long since they aren't big and the 2nd pair of edits I made the first time didn't take long at all, so I'll include it for this update.
I've also been setting up the mini-game Rena Catch. The goal was to have the Digivice come up on the screen and have the rest of the game have a darker translucent mask ( since the Digivice won't take up the whole screen) indicating you can't access anything from the previous menu.  I figured this would be a fun way of doing it instead of just going to a new scene. Though, since I want the game to eventually be mobile friendly, I might need to add a Digivice that has a D-pad so it's more intuitive to control the game on mobile ( you can just press the buttons on the screen). So I might change it now instead of adding it in and then having to change it later. 
I still need to set the stage for the anal scene, but setting up animations aren't too hard. The anal scene still needs a bit of work (mostly the tail), but once I get it finished, throwing it into the game shouldn't be too hard. Same with Rena on the home screen, since for now she'll be a loop.
So yeah, things have been mostly just setting things up properly so I don't have to change much in later updates. I'm still going to try to wrap up the demo before months end. I'll keep you all in the loop on how it all goes. 
I'll also be posting a few things from Fox Hole and the Booette animation in a little bit. Just to keep you all in the loop for those and to get some pixel art out to y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment