Wednesday, March 18, 2020

March 18th weekly update! Quarantine Kick

Heya gang,

Hope you all have been staying safe and heathy. This Corona Virus seems to be getting worse and worse by the day, so make sure you are taking care of yourself. Also make sure to get some fresh air every now and then just to makes sure you don't get cabin fever from being cooped up inside for so long. Anyway onto the lewd stuff.

I was implementing the UI button script for the sex canvas buttons, (the anal button specifically), using the built in texture button in Godot. But I wanted it to be handled differently so I ended up coding my own script that manages it the way I want. Now, when you're hovering over the button or it has keyboard focus, Rena will play a initial anim, then go into a loop, and when you go off the button, she'll transition back to the original pose. I'll post the anims for the anal button below so you all can check it out. There's still a few things I need to iron out on it, but it shouldn't take too long to clean up. 

 
I also spent time making the UI for the mini-games since I realized those were going to be needed for the demo. I'm thinking that these will be animated like the sex canvas buttons mentioned above. Not sure if I'll have the button for "Rena Catch" done, since I want the demo out by the end of March and it's already late. It's a conundrum since I want to get the dout as soon as I can, but I also want it to feel as polished as possible since it's been a LONG time since the original demo. But any way, I'll leave the art for the mini-game buttons below. There's a big gap in the middle which is where a pic of Rena will go, similar to the Sex Canvas buttons. But I didn't have the time to get to finishing it this week. 



I worked a little bit on the home background, specifically the grass. I want to start making the background look more pleasing like I mentioned before, but I've realized there's still much art to do, so it might take a bit before I get to properly updating it. But I'll leave what I've done below.

 
So, development has been going well, but there's still a bit to do before the demo gets to a state where I want it to be. But at the same time, I want to get something your hands as soon as I can so you guys can get a feel of how things will be in the game. I wanted to get a UI test demo out to y'all over the weekend, but the anal buttons anims too longer than expected. But once I get that done, I'll make a super basic build so y'all can just mess around with the UI a bit. It'll be free to the public as well since everything leading up to the demo release will be public, and then once the base for it has been established, patrons will be receive updates first and then they will be released to the public later. I hope you all look forward to it. I've forgotten how much work goes into making games, but I hope you will find it worth the wait!

See you next week, and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment