Wednesday, April 18, 2018

April 18th weekly update! Workin' and plannin'

Hey everyone,

GAMES 

Unfortunately I didn't get as much work as I wanted for the games as far as programming goes. Mostly I spent it trying to finalize what Getter Graffiti and Renapet will be. For the most part, I have things laid out.

For Getter Graffiti, I still want to add a few things in the design to give you more of a challenge than just dodge graffiti. I thought of periodically increasing the game's speed, but as the game stands now, things are kind of hard to see in motion (  at least the graffiti and sometimes the background elements)so I'll be trying to fix how the camera renders things in the coming weeks. Then I'll look to increasing speed. I also thought of  having to pick up spray cans and having different  costs for spraying graffiti depending on the size.I kind of like the idea, but at the same time it could easily make things too cluttered on the screen and be an unneeded layer of micromanagement, so I'm still not sure if I want to add it yet. A cool thing I wanted to add in was dash rings. This would sort of operate like the ones in Sonic where moving into one sends you forward at an increased speed for a short time. It could help the player distance them from the chaser a bit when they're in a pinch. I'll probably start thinking about how to implement it once I get the monthly build done. But for right now, I'm mostly just working on adding more content and polishing the code a bit so things are more consistent.

For Renapet, I'll be honest I spent most of the week kinda worried the project might get shut down due to copyright infringement. I'm going to try hard to present it as a parody and never explicitly state it as Digimon and always use "Rena" instead of "Renamon". It seems to work with game slike Something Unlimited and Four elements trainer so hopefully things goes well lol Other than that I spent time thinking of how I'm going to balance things out across the game. I spent a lot of time playing a bunch of different beat-em-ups and battle-fuck games since those are going to be the 2 main focuses in the game. I figured I could have the player gain experience points through both modes that they could then invest in Rena's stats. The problem I ran into is that with both of this modes in, I can't find a reason to having the "training" option in the game. Basically the problem is why would you play the mini-games when you can just play the main games? Even when I was looking at the game that inspired the idea, FullFlap's Fist of Inma, I never played the mini-games much because all they did was give give you some experience. I figured it would be better to just have those be rewards in the beat-em-up and the battle fuck game. Not only would it make both modes a bit more impactful, but it would also cut down on work that needs to be done (like this game's scope isn't big enough lmao). If anything, I might have one mini-game that could help the player get a small amount money if they don't want to commit the time to doing one of the main games since it might end up taking a while to complete one. It might be something simple like Rena delivering pizzas or something lol IDk I'll work on it and see what needs to be in the game once I get farther on figuring out the battle fuck RPG and Beat-em-up components.

PIXEL ART

So this week I started laying out a lot of pixel art for Getter Graffiti. I want to get about 5 new graffiti sprays for the update at the end of the month so I'll be working on them for the most part. I have some pixel anims planned in mind but they're a while off. I also want to get the Chloe Valens hip shake anim done sometime soon so keep a look out for that.

ARTWORK

Finished the last Renamon pic I wanted to do for Renamon appreciation month. I did a cum edit of it, but I's a bit subtle so I'll probably make the cum a bit more messy next time so it's more apparent haha





Other than that I've been trying to do some more painting practice. I really need to work on my lighting, rendering and lines. I'll have a few pieces out soonish to show what I've been working on. But for now I'll be focusing more on the game updates so you won't be seeing much drawings until after April.

Also I've been making good progress on the Majin set so it'll definitely be done before the end of the month. Once again, sorry that it's taking so long to finish.

PLANS

So I'm switching gears to go full throttle on the updates to the games. I'll layout what I want out of each update below:

Getter Graffiti v0.4
- Sprint officer implementation and animation
- Polish a few of the sprites already in the game
- Simple tutorial page
- Resolution fix/ pixel camera implementation

Renapet:
- Rena idle animation
- Complete vag scene
- Stats screen
- Early Beat-em-up concept
- Beat-em-up and Battle fuck UI
- Resolution fix/ pixel camera implementation

Also I've been doing a lot of fan art recently and want to start doing more original characters. I'm probably going to try and make some original characters and making some more original content after the updates. Maybe start doing some comics if I get the time. I think that'd be fun haha I hope you look forward to it!

See you guys next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment