Wednesday, March 28, 2018

March 28th weekly update! Busy Bee

Hey gang,

Sorry for the late weekly update, been working on a lot of things and trying to figure out the best plans for everything. I spent most of the week trying to start posting my stuff again. People seem to like it and I've gotten a lot of new followers on Tumblr, but the whole process still wracks my nerves so I had to take some time off and acknowledge I don't have to post something every day lol But I did still manage to find some time to work on stuff!

GAMES

So for games, I spent a bit more time fleshing out Renapet and working on Getter Graffiti. I wanted to have some updates before the end of the month, but I have so IRL stuff I need to take care of and most likely won't get them done. But since the game jam I entered Getter Graffiti in was extended and actually ends Friday, I figured I'd sneak in a small update before it closed. I'll be redoing the splash screen like I mentioned before, and will try to add 6 total new graffiti sprays. If I get the time, I want to try and add SFX, fix the spray code since it's still too unreliable, and make the background city move a bit. Idk if I'll get everything done, but it'd be cool if I could haha

Other than that I'm still working out a few kinks for Renapet's design so all the systems work together. It might be a bit till I get an update out and even then it probably won't involve to much actual game play until I get the mini-games and other stuff in, but hopefully you all ca still enjoy it.

PIXEL ART

So I got the Mythra animation done. I think it came out pretty well and pairs well next to Pyra.



The next twerk animation will feature Chloe from tales of Legendia. Here's a WIP of it so far: 


Other than that I've been working a bit on the mating press scene from the Renamon Sprites I posted earlier. It's mostly too see how those scenes would play out in the bat-em up and also to try out a few new things.

ARTWORK

So unfortunately the Majin set is still a while's off ( this is the last time I do a set this big any time soon lol) but I do have some sketches to show:


Apparently this month is Renamon appreciation month which is really ironic given how much Renamon I've been drawing recently haha the 28th is the specific appreciation day so I'm gonna try to get some of these sketches done in time to post them. I'm already mostly done with one of them so hopefully I can get them done quick.

PLANS

So  for this upcoming week, I'll be busy getting some RL stuff I need to get done finished, but other than that I'll be tring to scrape together a Getter Graffiti update and get some art and sprite work done before I go into full development mode on Renapet and Getter Graffiti. Hopefully things work out and I get to show you guys some cool stuff!

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment