Tuesday, March 20, 2018

March 20th weekly update! Chuggin' along

Hey everyone,

So I managed to get quite a bit of work done this week. Unfortunately, most things are still w.i.p, but I do have some things to show.

GAMES

So unfortunately due to some RL stuff, I didn't get as much programming as I wanted done. And since Renapet is still up in the air as far as a concrete concept goes, I put the programming off to the side so I can focus on what I want the game to be.

I did have an idea that I made some pixel art for involving Renapet. Alongside the pseudo battle fuck fights you can do against other digimon, I had an idea of making a small action game the features Renamon as well. I recently played Tifa Tan X2, that I really recommend, and fell in love with it's simple yet fun combo system. So since I had a few designs left from MonTamer, I figured I'd try my hand at making a few fighting sprites and what the game would consist of.



The game would be decently small in scale. There would be around 3 enemies, each with their own sex grapple and several other digimon or pokemon that would be getting fucked that you could save. That game would be a completely 2D game and not 2.5D like most beat-em-ups. It's would play like Fist of Inma, where you clear waves of enemies but with the addition of earning money and increasing your score by finishing the level faster. There would also be lounge areas that Rena can use money she's earned throught the level to buy a meal and recover her HP. There will also be characters that she can either give a lap dance, blowjob, or something similar to in order to earn extra money. So basicaly, the game would be a linear level where Rena would progress to the right, fighting off enemies, would have the chance to recover her health and earn extra money at a lounge, and the continue moving right to fight more enemies, and then a boss. 

I did some rough sketches of the combo system would would change which move she used depending on that direction you hold during the attack. They're all based on Chun-Li's moves if you couldn't tell, but I figured they would fit Rena pretty well and help me with my animation learning.


So overall it's still definitely in the planning stages, and I'm still wary to include it since I don't want to blow the scope of this game to the moon, but I figured it might help add a bit more meat to the overall game. 

For Getter Graffiti, I didn't end up doing much coding but I did make some solid progress on the new Title image. For the Game over image, I didn't like my original sketch, so I'm in the process of reworking it. But things are coming along.

Pixel art

Made a few pixel art things over the week just for practice. Wanted to make a Mythra anim to mirror the Pyra one, and add Pyra's scarf to her's as well just to see what it'd look like. I also started a Dark Magician girl animation since I was feeling Nostalgic which hopefully won't take me too long to finish even though I have something new I want to try with it that might take a while.




DRAWINGS

Still working on the Majin 21 set, and a few sketches. I haven't had much art to show recently so hopefully I'll have a few things done for next week.


WEEKLY PLANS

So for this week I really want to start posting more of my stuff around the internet. I tend to be a bit shy on showing my stuff due to a feeling of not having everything ready to show or that I'm not presenting things well enough, But I'm going to try getting over that fear and posting more stuff to not only get more feedback, but also get some more eyes on my work.

Other than that, I'll be continuing working on Renapet and GG, as well as Majin 21 and a few miscellaneous pixel art on the side.

That's pretty much it for now. See you next week!



4 comments:

  1. A+ my man!! Totally looking forward to that Renamon mini project. Let them ideas flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those combo sketches look really cool. Can't wait to see how that turns out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I'll have more to show soon! ^-^

      Delete