Wednesday, April 4, 2018

April 4th weekly update! Art stacks and resolution is whack

Hey everyone!

Sorry this update is a little late, working on a lot of things at once for the time being. But anyway on the the update!

GAMES

So unfortunately I didn't find time to do a new update of Renapet and Getter Graffiti. I figured I would get some of the the other things out of the way before I really committed to going into full development for them. I did however get some good conceptual work done on them.

First off, it's just recently dawned on my that due to Unity's resolution settings the player can choose a resolution that really screws with the game's visuals for both titles. I set up the games to run on multiple aspect ratios, but wasn't prepared for some of the crazier ones Unity offers. Renapet especially was made to scale perfectly to 480, 720, or 1080p with a resolution of 240 x 135, but can quickly be skewed out of place with the wrong aspect ratio. So in the next update for both games I'll be limiting them to a specific resolution so people don't have to fish around for the one that works. I'll then try to find a say to scale everything up to 2x, 3x, 4x, and so on so people can find the one that fits the way they want to play the most.

In other news, I  finally figured out the two enemies I want to add in Getter Graffiti. The first one would be a sprinter officer that runs at you that you have to jump over. It would technically be similar to the regular male officers now, but you would be given less time to react to them. I also want it to be a female officer so I can add a bit of Yuri content in there. The next enemy will be a giant police mech dubbed the C.O.P mech (Catcher of Pussy). Mui won't be able to jump over these large enemies so she will have to spray them with paint in order to avoid them. Basically, you would spray them like any other spray object, but if you don't do it in time, you get caught. There will be a female officer that will be piloting the mech. When they catch Mui, they will masturbate while Mui is pumped with tentacles. I want to add a few differnt pilots that can be in the mech, so we'll see how that develops as I'm making the sprites.  Hopefully people will be content for yuri content with these 2 animations. Yuri is decently rare in these types of games so I figured I try to add in a bit. plus it's a good challenge haha Also, I did some rough sketches of the new enemies that should give you an idea what they will look like.
Sorry if this is hard to see lol

Other than that, I'm going to eventually try having different enemies spawn in the same place in GG for each of the 'levels'. So in other words instead of seeing a slime, you might see a mech or a different enemy. I think this would help keep variety up.

Also, I'm not super happy with the graffiti spray sprites I've done since I often feel like they're a tad to small. Maybe I just need to utilize the space better, idk, but I might go back to the drawing board on how I have them in the game.

And for the CGs for GG I thought it might be a cool idea to have one for each enemy if the chaser catches you while Mui is getting fucked. It'd then show a CG where both the cop and the chaser are fucking her. It'd be a bit more work, but I think it'd make the game have a little more variety.

PIXEL ART

So I didn't do too much pixel art this week, but I did have a few ideas of some animations I really wanna make so stay tuned for  those. A lot of them are based on other artist's  work much like the Isabelle piece was so hopefully this can help me get introduced to a few artists that I admire haha I also want to practice bigger pixel art more especially since a lot of Renapet is going to be big pixel art so it should help.

Anyway, I had another scene idea for the Renamon beat em up game so I sketched out the animation real quick as a WIP. It was an interesting pose and I want to also try incorporating kissing into the face cam window so hopefully that works out. I'll try to get at least the mating press scene done so you all can see how an entire scene would play out in the game (honestly still up in the air if I want to include it to Renapet, but it's good practice regardless).


ARTWORK

So I mostly drew stuff this week since I haven't made finished anything recently. Unfortunately, I didn't work on the Majin 21 set and instead did some other pieces based on the sketches of last week, but hopefully you enjoy them. I'll try to wrap up Majin by the end of the month at the VERY latest. I should be able to get it done soon after I finish 2 more pieces. One is another Ranamon piece based of Renapet that might be put in the game as a sex scene later. The other is fanart for Kyrieru's newly released game Aster. The game is a bit hard to control, but a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. It's also got some really nice pixel animations. You can check it out/ buy it here: Aster.

Anyway here's what I drew up!




I drew Renamon as Mui for practice since I hadn't painted in a while. I also did a 2koma instant loss comic featuring Renamon. They always feature absurd dialogue so I tried to go all out with it haha add a non text version too. I also redid the GG logo since the old one was pretty rough. I tried to do a pretty dynamic pose but I think I messed up in a few places like the arms so I'll most likely go back and fix those later.


PLANS

So I mostly want to do a few more art pieces and animations before I really rev up development for GG and Renapet. So I'll wrap up, finish, or sketch out those so I can work on them later or get them out. Then it will be full development time since I want a new update out for each by the end of the month. GG will be adding more of the game's features like the ability to lose and a few other tweaks. Renapet will be adding more of the gameplay features and fleshing out the stat system. 

I also want to make some more stuff for my avatar Moxene. Figured I should start using her more haha

But yeah that's about it. So for this month I want:

- Get Majin set done 
- GG update
- Renapet update
- 2-3 big pixel animations
- 3-4 art pieces
- Moxene promo art

I have some IRL stuff that's picking up so I won't be free to work on things all the time, but hopefully I can show you guys something cool.

See ya'll next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment