Monday, September 4, 2017

September 4th weekly update! Drawin' and paintin'

Hello all,

So I had a pretty productive week. Got a lot of painting done and planned out what I wanted out of Usagi Star and Miracle Hill. Usagi Star should be out before the end of the year, then Miracle Hill will be next sometime in the future. Things might slow down once I get a job ( currently still looking for one) but I'll still try my best to make things happen.

As for the comic I mentioned last week, I didn't get too much done on it yet since I wanted to practice my painting a bit more before I dived in. Actually after reading some more manga/comics I actually want to change a few panels for more variety so I guess putting it off a bit was for the best haha

I got some Usagi Star Sprites done and planned out some of the CGs I want for it. So far the game will be pretty small, but I think it'll be good for a first project to get myself accustomed to things. I'm going to try and give it a really nice presentation value too and make everything feel really cohesive.

Miracle Hill is going smoothly, though I might slow development on it while I work on Usagi Star so I don't overwhelm myself. I fixed a problem I was having with the parallax scrolling so that's looking a running much better in my test demo. Still working out how I will do the CGs, but I worked out how I want the HUD and pause menu to look. Like Usagi Star I want these to have a good presentation value to them so I'm working hard to maximize quality without greatly increasing the amount of work needed. I also am probably going to change the story a bit so it's simpler and can be understood without knowing English since I'm hoping to sell it in Japan too. After working on the other comic project, I want to see if I can add comic elements through the game such as for cut-scenes or during H- events. It would kind of be like Parasite in the City's opening. I also worked on a few sprites for NPCs you can rescue as you're going up the mountain. Here's a WIP example: 

Also I started doing DieselBrain's "BoobjobBuseday" on twitter. It's a fun way to practice drawing and connecting with other artists so I'm going to try to do it every week. I'm well into this week's pic and it'll be up tomorrow once I get it done on my Twitter. Here's some sketches I did of Raven for it:

Also did a little painting for Heiyuu's USHIERO game project. Seeing his stuff has really helped my spriting so I wanted to show my thanks lol Tried a new painting style with this one. Really want to have vibrant colors in my work so that's what I tried to do:


And that's pretty much it for last week. I'll be working on implementing power ups and enemies in Usagi Star and completing the plans for both Usagi Star and Miracle Hill. I also want to get back into spriting on work on my environment work so I'll most likely be working on the backgrounds for Usagi Star as well. 

See you next week!



1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog and I really like your art. Keep up the good work! :D

    ReplyDelete