Monday, May 31, 2021

May 31st weekly update! Grassland groove

Heya gang,

Animated a bunch of breasts this week haha A lot of stuff is still wip, but anyways let's get into how things are progressing



Mythra NNN

Lot of rendering work on Mythra this week. Cleaning up the older loops and then finalizing the "tit trap" anim. They're all done for the most part aside from some lighting for the tit fuck anim. Then there's just one more tit fuck loop I need to do and then it's of to the transitions. This animation is definitely taking longer than I wanted, t I think it'll be good once it's all wrapped up. I've also been starting to flesh out the key frames for the other parts so those can go a bit more smoothly. I'll let y'all know how things go.

Palace of the Goddess

Been working on this too. Wanted to look into making the file size smaller since the game takes up a lot of space when it really shouldn't. I'm pretty confident that it's because of faults on my part, so I want to see if I can trim things down if possible. I spent a couple of hours trying to get things to work, but I didn't get much changed. I'll keep looking into it tho and try to trim things down. I think my biggest thing was my lack of sprite sheets. Since the animations (especially the cum scenes) had a lot of frames, I figured it would probably be best to have individual sprite files, but honestly the opposite is probably the case and sprite sheets would probably save me a lot of memory/ loading. I'll be doing some test this upcoming week to see how I can scale things down while developing the game more.

I'm also working on the 2nd cut-in anim that plays when she orgasms and the 2nd tit fuck loop. I'll drop them both in the next demo when they're done.

Booette

I laid out the animation for the close up blowjob scene for Booette. It's still rough, but you should get a feel for what the overall animation will feel like.

Commissions

Also spent a lot of time on animations this week. I think I have decent balance between supporter work and commission work, so hopefully I can keep it up. I'll be making a more proper announcement of the commissions available once I make some more animation examples. I'll discuss that later in the update though. But I'll be making a pricing sheet with what you can expect from an animation once they're finished.

Polls

It seems like Cynthia won the open character poll! So expect some work with her to come out soonish.

Art thoughts and other things

Just wanted to talk about my process a bit. Like I mentioned last week, I haven't been satisfied in how my art is growing as of later, so I wanted to try some new things. Mainly trying to be "less afraid" of animating and be more willing to draw frames out and render each individually instead of rendering one frame and then editing it for several frames. I think it creates a much more "life like" feeling and gives makes things have a bit more energy to them. I'll be using commission mainly to try this out. This goes back into the animation examples I mentioned earlier. I've been having fun sketching out animations this way because it's a lot less tedious than the way I normally did it before. Rendering still takes a while, but I don't think it's any longer than how long it too before. Most of these anims are still really sketch, but I think you will enjoy them once they are all cleaned up.

I also want to become a better, more consistent game dev. So since I'll be making some practice animations in between things, I was thinking of how I can mix those with small mini-games to make a small project. These won't have a grand scope or anything and the gameplay will probably last maybe a minute or two, but I think it could be a good way to gain some more confidence when it comes to making games. I know I'm already behind on things, so I don't want these to take away a lot of dev time either, so they will be very simple in nature. Anyways, I'll let you all know what my plans will be with these later.

I also unfortunately had to spend a lot of time trying to solve an issue with my paypal as currently I can't get payments from credit or debit cards for some reason. I spent all of last Saturday trying to get it fixed, but no dice. I ended up calling them on Saturday, Monday, and this Friday, but they couldn't get it fixed. Apparently it's a more wide spread issue Paypal has been having that started the 23rd, so the only real thing I can do wait until Paypal figures it out. Of course the second I open commission something like this would creep up -_- but at least I can still get payments with Paypal through bank accounts, so it could be worse I guess.

Anyway., that's pretty much it for now. Going to be working on a lot of things going forward trying to get back into a good rhythm here. I think my new approach to animation will lead to some good results once I nail it down and hopefully will allow me to work faster. We shall see.

As always, thank you so much for your support. It means much more than you know and I always love reading all of your comments.

As always, you can support me on Subscribestar or Patreon!

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment