Friday, April 10, 2020

April 9th weekly update! Sidewinde cruiser

Heya gang,

Sorry this update was late, I forgot to update this blog as well ^^'. These are going to be the same as the public posts on my patreon so you can always check that out if an update is late here. But any ways, let get into things for this week:

Shantae's anim loop is available for $5 patrons now and will be released publicly on the 16th! I wanted to take a more interesting angle with this one and do a lot with the secondary motion and I think it came out pretty well. It was fun to use the game's sprites to make this one. The background is also based on the save room from Risky's Revenge. It's always fun to see how much I can mimic the original sprite work haha but yeah overall this was a toughie, but still a fun one to work on.



I did a little mock up of a samurai-esque game inspired by the circle Room-V's Secret Babes' pixel art style. I did it as a warm up exercise since their sprites are usually a lot bigger, so I wanted to see if I could shrink it down. But I like how it came out, so maybe I'll expand on it later. Room-V doesn't seem to make things anymore, but I always liked their thicc character design, so I'd recommend checking some of their games on dlsite.



I also did a mock up of a interactive animation featuring Toriel stuck in a wall. I'll show the whole mock-up in a separate $2 and up Patreon post since these public ones have to be censored, but I hope you like it. The game itself would be simple, and I have some other projects I need to get done first, but I think it would be a fun experience when it's all done.



I have a few other things cooking in the back, but they aren't fully ready to show yet, so I'll save them for the weekly update on Sunday. I also wanted to get the 2 Renapet anims I mentioned last week completed, but I noticed some errors I made on them, so they'll take a wee bit more time to wrap up.

Also for the future, I'll be calling the posts I make for $2 and up patrons that contain the sprites I've worked on that week, "Weekly Patreon Showcase". So those will follow each public post from now on.

The April anim polls up here in a bit, so make sure to vote for all the polls you have access to! I look forward to seeing what character y'all choose!
That's all for now! I'll be back this Sunday to show y'all what else I've been working on. I'll mainly switch focus to working on the Renapet anims and Older animations I haven't finished, while wrapping up some of the smaller new stuff I've made. I hope you look forward to seeing it! 

As always you can help me make more stuff like this by supporting my Patreon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment