Wednesday, May 23, 2018

May 23rd weekly update! Finding the Rhythm

Hey everyone,

Shortish update this week. Ran into a lot of motivational problems trying to get things done and plan things out. Things aren't working out great for me IRL so I've been trying to fix things with mixed results. Just want to let you guys know what's up since it's been slowing down things. I've just been stuck in my head these last few days.

But anyway, I've been steadily working on things. I wanted to try and get an update out on tumblr and the other art sites every 2 days, but I think it just burnt me out. I want to try and be more product focused so I can do more and get more done with my art, but I've still got a lot to learn when it comes to getting things done and out the door.

But for things that are coming up, I have a couple of animations I'm doing for practice. A couple of them are for some fan art for some artists I like, so I won't be posting those until they're done. But I'm still working on the Dark Magician girl  and D.va anims. They're going to be a bit more cinematic than just the average loop I do which is why it's taking a bit longer than usual. But I should get the Dark Magician anim out later this week if things go well.

I made some new devlogs on itch.io talking about Renapet and Getter Graffiti. Basically the long short of it is that I ran into resolution problems again since my resolution wasn't divisible by 16 and would cause problems down the line for both games. So now I'm working with 384 x 216 which for GG isn't much of an issue, but it means I'll have to rearrange/ redo a lot of stuff for Renapet. So I'll steadily keep trying to get work done on those. I really don't know when I'll get an update out for either since I've just been out of it recently, but I'll try my best.

I've also been trying to do more drawings. I gonna try a work on a simpler style so I can make cleaner work faster. Personally I feel like none of my drawing are really conveying an idea or theme I want to express I managed to finish some Aster fan art I did of the game's protagonist so I'll have that posted below.




So that's basically it for last week. Really  just been unfulfilled/ unsatisfied by my art recently and it's been harder and harder to get work done, but I'll try my best. Maybe I just need to try something new, who knows. I want to try doing more OC work since I feel like I make a lot of fan art and while I like working with other's characters, it feels like I'm not making anything myself. I don't know. Gonna try to get that Dark Magicain anim done and maybe 2 small drawing while I do some game work hopefully.

See you guys next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment