Tuesday, February 13, 2018

February 13th weekly update! Mehhhhh...

Hey everyone,

So kinda been up and down as far as work goes. Did a couple of sketches on the side and I'm working on MonTamer, but things aren't going as fast as they need to be so idk if I'll get the game finished before the deadline but we'll see what happens.

One hurdle I'm trying to get over for Montamer is the resolution. I'm making the background for the hunting area now and heard that 320 *180 is a good resolution for pixel art games since it scales up well to 1080p or 720p. But I'm not sure if I can make the background that size since that would make the character sprites small in comparison and I wanted them to be a bit bigger. So I've been trying to find a workaround or wondering if it's even all that necessary in the first place. Looking at Getter Graffiti, I didn't really focus on the resolution and I think the game looks fine, but I'm always trying to make sure my games look and play the best they can so I've been trying to figure it out.

Anyway I've still been in a slump, but here's some sketches I colored. Might do some more later just to get me back on track with things since it feels a lot harder to work on stuff lately.


That's it for now, see you guys next week.

2 comments: