Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Usagi Star Alpha v0.2 released on itch.io!

Hello everyone!


The demo update for Usagi Star is finally done!

You can go play it here: https://countmoxi.itch.io/usagi-star

The game should feel a lot better to play now even though there are still some things that need fixing.  Here's the change log:

- New HUD face icon with different faces depending on what happens in game.

- level re-balancing. the game should now be more challenging.

- You can now pause with the Z key.

- Left control now enters hit box mode showing Usagi's hit box while making her sprite transparent to make dodging easier visually. ( Her sprite transparency will revert back to full if you get hot after the invincibility runs out so you will need to hit the "left control" key twice again to get it hit box mode proper. Will be fixed in next update).

- 2 new enemies. The Targeting White Sniper and the Hulking Blue Shot Gunner.

-Vortex power up added. Collect 2 Spiral power ups to get it.

- Rescued cats now drop power ups. Pink cats will drop power ups.  Orange rescued cats will drop health pick ups.

- New cat animation for Orange cat.

- HUD becomes transparent when you move behind it.

- Usagi now loses power up level and speed level when hit.

Power ups and pickups now move slowly to the left.

- Bullet speed now increases alongside Usagi's speed.

Pressing the escape key will now instanly quit out rather than having it fade out.

- "CountMoxi" logo at the beginning

I wasn't able to get some of the quality of life stuff I wanted in this update like controller support or menu operation via buttons, but I  hope you enjoy! As always, let me know if you run into any bugs or have any suggestions for the game!

//Features for next update// --------------------------

-- Sound adjustment

-- Fixing a few game play issues

-- level balancing based on feedback

-- Controller support

-- Menu controllable via buttons/ keyboard

-- Mid level dialogue scenes

-- incorporate new background for scenario 1

Now that this is done, I'm going to focus on the lewd game jam project! Hopefully I can get it done in time since I only have a week left haha I kind of want to show off what I've made for it already,but I think it'd be best to leave things as a surprise since the game will be more story driven.Hope you all look forward to it! it should be up on my itch.io page next Wednesday!

See you all next week!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, what's up? I just got finished playing your new build. But before I talk about that, I think you should really add a follow or subscribe gadget to your page.

    I just visited your site again on a whim; I had no idea you put out a new build of your game. So please add a way for people to be made aware of when a new demo is up. Either that or just shoot me an email.

    Anyways, the new demo was great. The two new enemies really make the game much more challenging. I really liked the new hentai animation. (And all of them look great actually.)

    I didn't try pressing the left control key because I didn't want to use that mode. I think it would make the game too easy, but I'm sure it's useful for you when you are testing collisions.

    Hmm, can't think of anything negative to saw. lol Great job, keep up the good work man.

    p.s. Great job on your logo too. *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Tetsuya!

    I didn't even realize that I didn't have it up haha just added it now.

    Thanks for playing the demo! I am still going to make a few changes to balance things a little bit better, but I'm glad you're enjoying it!

    Also glad you like the new logo haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure no problem. I just followed you. Keep it up, man!

    ReplyDelete