Monday, October 5, 2020

October 5th Weekly Update! Trippy Wagon Wheels

Hey gang,

Sorry it took so long to get this update out to y'all. The last couple of days haven't been the kindest. Anyways, let's get into things:

First things first, the Palu demo is almost finished, but is gonna need another day or two to finish putting in the polish for it. I have the basics for it done, ie all the animations are in and you can swap between them freely. The main things to finish are the audio/ SFX, find some fitting music, adding in the "Hearts" system, having the hearts affect the goddess offering portion of the game, animating some of the background elements like clouds in the game, coding up the transitions and doing general coding fixes. I also spent a lot of time this week tweaking things in the code and fixing/adding sprites to make things more fluid in the game. For example, I made sprites of idle, hovering over, and clicked on for the 3 menu buttons and a fade out portion for the Large Heart animation. I always forget how many small problems that crop up when making games even as small as these ones, but the only thing to do is work and get them all ironed out. I also wanted to make a config menu like Hilda's Reward had, but it will take some time, so I'll just have global commands via the keyboard for the the demo so I can get it out to you all faster. I also need to see if there's an easier way to have both mouse and keyboard controls, since for Hilda's Reward having both lead to almost 200 total extra lines of code since I need functionality for each button. It feels like there has to be a better way to handle that, so I'll b e workshopping it before I release the full game. I apologize that the demo is still not done yet, but I want it to feel like something that has some polish to it rather than something that was just scraped together. I'll include the finished climax animation in this week's showcase too.



Neko Touch Oral scene has also been worked on quite a bit. I started laying out the 2nd speed for it and I'm happy with the result so far. I though it would a nice combination to have a hand-holding blowjob with Ankha's usual glare. The full WIP will be in the showcase. I also finished the tail animation for the first oral speed, so that will be in the showcase too.



I also did work on the Pyra set. The first part is done now, so I'll make a post of it for $5 patrons and once I finish the second part I'll release the first part publicly. I tried a different technique for the background that makes it look more like an abstract painting. I think it came out decently so I'll try to use it for future projects too.


I also did a little Holstaur pic to practice drawing bigger characters. So that will be in the showcase this week as well. I might make it an image set if I have time.

That's pretty much it this week. Sorry plans haven't been coming out as I've said they would. Trying to deal with some life stuff and keep up with work has affected my sleep schedule negatively and it's been harder to sit down and work and be satisfied with what I make. So I'll make sure to take better care of myself so I can keep my promises to you all. 

You can support me on Patreon or Subscribestar if you wish.

Have a great week.


3 comments: