Monday, August 17, 2020

August 17th weekly update! Driver Diver

Hey gang,

Hope you all had a good week. Mine was a bit busier than expected, but I still got a few things done, so let's get into it.



Most of the week was focused on getting the game set up coding wise. So that means all the boring stuff like setting up and connecting the UI, menus, scene layouts, and things like that. I also did more work on the climax scene. I realized Palu has "Goddess Wings" that she occasionally uses (especially in smash bros), so I figured those would make for an interesting addition to her climax. Trying to get the motion right for them has been a bit tricky, but I think the results will be worth it. Other than that, I did more Palu pics for the "Goddess Offering", those are done for the most part now, just need to add some finishing touches. I still need to do the background for the main menu. It'll be a bit more detailed than usual, so I'm working to get it looking right. I want it to look like the palace from Kid Icarus Uprising, so it will be a bit of a challenge, but it should be worth it.

I wanted to get more work done on Palu this week, but unfortunately some work cropped up. But luckily the next few days should be clear, so I hope to get a lot of work done. My main focus will be:

- The climax scene

- Cleaning up some of the other sex animations and their secondary animation

- And the background for the main menu.

Once I get those done, I'll break up the rest of the work needed for the demo.

Other than that, I did a little background as a warm up on the Artificer pic I did for practice. I think the colors came out nice on it, I'll include it in this week's showcase.

That's it for now. Gonna be a busy next couple of days, but they should produce some good results. 

As always, you can support me on Patreon or Subscribestar.

Thanks for your support and see you next week!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh. Pretty : ) you have such talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a question about how you start your pixel art.
    Do you start with lines or shapes?
    Do you use references or just edit as you go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply, but usually I block out the entire thing as a big shape. That way I can see how the silhouette will look. From there I start breaking it up into the line art. Usually starting with the smallest details so I can see if I have enough space for them. Then once the line art is finished I drop the line art in and do the shading on the lines and other colors. Then I add finishing touches as needed.
      As for references, I usually use them if I'm having trouble. I have little figurines I also use to see poses from different perspectives to help as well. But if I have a strong vision for something, I'll just go straight to work on it.

      Delete
    2. oooh. I think I get it. : ) Thank you so much. This helps me a great deal. You continue being awesome!

      Delete