Wednesday, January 8, 2020

January 8th weekly update! Backdraft shot

Hey everyone,

Hope you all had a great Holiday season and a happy New Year! I hope you all got a chance to relax a bit and could spend some good time with your loved ones.

Anyway this update will be a tad brief, as things are still in progress. But anyway, let's get into it.

I'll be posting my December review and my January plans soon. I'll try to outline things a bit better so I can check things off as I get them done. I think this will also help me keep track of things better since I want to improve my project management for 2020. Work will be picking up for me soon too, so I'm gonna try to get things wrapped up before then.

I'll also be reviewing how I handle my Patreon voted work. I feel like I've been very scatterbrained when it comes to my projects, so for 2020 I want to be more focused and get things done one at a time. I think I've been a bit too ambitious when it comes to the number of projects I can do and I'm worried about not only my growing backlog, but also potential burnout. I think this happened a bit during December where I was stressing out a bit trying to get the Pyra finale done and I realized my work output was starting to wane. Especially since it was a side thing I wanted to do outside of my Patreon work. I'll try my best to manage my time and projects better and will keep you all in the loop.

The Pyra animation finale is still trucking along. There's about 5 or so more scene to animate, then adding the finishing touches. It's been quite a big challenge and I'm looking forward to finally having it finished haha but I think I've learned a lot from making it. So hopefully I can take those lessons into the other projects, and get those done more efficiently. I've also released a pack of some of the animation loops from the finale for all my $2 and above patrons, so if you're interested you could check those out. The project will be released to everyone once it's all wrapped up.

I also finished the Zero Suit Samus animation and released it to $5 and above patrons. It will be released to the public next week. It's a loop animation, so I might make some variations for it when I find the time. I think working on it alongside the Pyra finale has helped keep me motivated since the Pyra animation is so large. So I might handle projects like this in the future, just so when I spend a lot of time refining a big project, I can also take a small project from start to finish to keep up momentum.

Sorry there's been a bit of a content drought as of late. The Pyra finale has been a large undertaking and has been a bit of a stop gap for my other projects. But I'm hoping I can get quite a bit done this month. Thanks for your patience and I hope you look forward to more of my work.

See you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment